Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I Guess It's Okay

I guess I’ll keep spending these
Next few years (and few they are)
With not-quite-yet-adults
Who play games with each other
And drink themselves silly
And seem to know everything
But nothing about how beautiful they are.
I guess I can do that.
I guess it’s okay that
Everybody’s laughing
Laughing, laughing, laughing
But not amused
Just somewhat abused
Feeling big about little lives
Where everyone survives
By making up their memories.
I had a memory once.
I guess I’ll make due
With this new definition
This new sense of mission
With late night thoughts
Of oversexed hype, you know the type
Where me or rather little-boy-still
Who has nothing but eons of time to kill
Builds a lover from the immediate surroundings
Borrows a name (gee, I’m good at this game)
And constructs a path to happiness,
Whatever that is.

No comments: